NFA Photography Competition
Calling all happy snappers! We want your photos.
Show us what makes you proud of the people, places, activities and buildings in your community. We'd love to see pictures of events, local heroes, beautiful gardens or your favourite spot in the neighbourhood.
SHP Photography Competition prize:
One winner will be chosen to receive funding for any part-time course(s) for adults at Sutton College up to the cost of £100.
The winner and selected other entries will also be featured on our website and submitted to The National Federation of ALMO's photography competition, and possibly featured in the 24Housing magazine.
Entries should be sent to email@example.com by 5pm 25 February 2019. Please read the terms and conditions of entry below before submitting your photos.
NFA Photography Competition 2019: The Story of Us #localpride
The information below is taken from the NFA's website:
“The Story of Us was the working title for the award-winning NBC drama This is Us, one of the few productions of its kind to promote genuine diversity both in front of and behind the camera.
“We think it captures perfectly our hopes for the fourth NFA Photography Competition and exhibition.
“We want to see images that express unashamed pride in ALMO homes, communities and neighbourhoods. So – pictures of places, people, buildings and activities that show social housing can be a life-enhancing choice; and that show ALMO tenants can speak and be heard.
“We are looking for high quality images that:
- Tell a strong, positive story about the ALMO model
- Challenge the stereotype that housing tenure defines the kind of person we are, what our neighbourhood looks like, the kind of job we have or what we do in our spare time
- we need high resolution images that will be sharp and clear even when enlarged to A3 size for the NFA 2019 Conference exhibition.”
The Communications team will work alongside with selected entrants to put together a 500 word bio explaining how the image meets the above.
More information is available here.
Terms and conditions of entry
- Only images submitted by an SHP tenant or leaseholder will be eligible for the £100 prize.
- A panel of SHP staff will select which entries will be submitted to the NFA photo competition and will also select one entry to win the contribution of £100 to pay for a part-time course at Sutton College.
- The winner and entrants selected for NFA submission will be notified no later than 27 February.
- The winner must contact Sutton Housing Partnership (SHP) to book their preferred part-time course(s) within six months of being notified they have won the competition.
- The winner must liaise with SHP to book the selected course(s).
- SHP will cover the cost of any course(s) up to an amount of £100, and payment will be made directly to Sutton College.
- The winner can undertake several part-time courses if the total cost is under the amount of, or equal to, £100. However the courses must be arranged with SHP at the same time, in one go.
- Sutton Housing Partnership will not refund or pay out the cost of any courses that are less than the prize amount of £100.
- At the discretion of Sutton Housing Partnership and Sutton College, the winner may undertake a course that exceeds £100, providing they pay the excess cost themselves.
- The winner may be entitled to the concessionary rate if determined by Sutton College.
- No refunds, exchanges or cash alternatives will be given.
- Normal terms and conditions of Sutton College enrollment, eligibility and availability of courses apply.
- Courses and dates are subject to availability as advised by Sutton College.
- Examples of available courses can be found in the Course guide weblink:
You can enter as many images as you want. Images provided must be GDPR-compliant. Permissions must be sought by the photographer from any identifiable person in submitted images. Written permission from a legal guardian is required for pictures of children under the age of 13. We can provide a form via email.
GDPR regulations stipulate that when people are asked for permission for the use of pictures that may identify them, they must be told in some detail how the pictures might be used.
Images submitted for the 2019 NFA Photography Competition may be:
- Used on the website and social media channels of Sutton Housing Partnership
- Used in print materials of Sutton Housing Partnership
- Shared with press and partner organisations of Sutton Housing Partnership
- Viewed by housing sector professionals who will draw up a competition shortlist
- Viewed by attendees at the 2019 NFA Conference
- Included in a booklet published by the NFA to celebrate ALMOs and their residents
- Used in future NFA digital and print publications.