Your Tenancy conditions set out the responsibilities for carrying out repairs.
SHP are responsible for repairing and maintaining:
- The structure and the outside of the property, including any shared parts of the building
- The roof, walls and foundations
- Drains, gutters and pipes, tap washers
- Doors and door frames
- Window frames
- Chimneys and chimney stacks
- Window glass (we may charge you for this work)
- Ceilings, plaster work and skirting boards
- Paths, fences and steps
- Garages and stores which form part of your home.
You are responsible for keeping the inside of your home in good repair and the decorations, fixtures and fittings in good condition, including:
- Door furniture (e.g. handles and knobs), hinges and cupboard latches
- Replacing keys, light bulbs and fuses
- Your own electrical equipment
- Broken pulls for high-level toilet cisterns, toilet seats, sink and bath plugs
- Cracks in plaster that are not structural
- Changing batteries in smoke alarms and telling us if the alarm needs attention
- Regularly testing your battery, hard-wired smoke detector (in sheltered accommodation they are tested by SHP staff)
- Getting back into your property if you have locked yourself out
- Testing your personal response alarm/pendant if applicable.